Tips for caring and moisturising your dry, sensitive skin
- Choose gentle soap-free cleansers or soap substitutes rather than harsh soaps that can dry out the skin.
- Avoid scrubbing the skin.
- Hot water and long baths or showers can dry the skin out. Keep your shower or bath short and not too hot.
- Pat dry after bathing or showering, and apply moisturisers while the skin is still damp to keep moisture in skin.
- Apply moisturisers liberally and regularly, particularly after a shower or bath to help retain moisture.
- Consider an ointment or thick cream for very dry skin as they are more hydrating than lotions.
- Consider a light lotion for hairy areas of skin or in hot and humid summer weather.
- Find a skincare routine that matches your skin dryness and follow through with it.
Seasonal moisturising and external factors
Cold weather/Hot weather
- Cover up when spending time outdoors to protect your skin from the elements.
- Avoid overheating, especially in winter, by dressing in loose fitting layers that can be easily removed.
- Consider clothes made from natural, breathable fabrics like cotton, and avoid wearing wool and other fabrics that can scratch or irritate skin.
- Take regular breaks from air conditioning, try using fan instead, or open the windows if possible.
- Consider using a humidifier in dry or heated rooms to keep the air moist. In warmer areas, try placing a bowl of water in the room.
- Keep an eye on the thermostat to prevent overheating and avoid being too close to heat sources.
Mix and match through the year with Dermeze
Our range of Dermeze moisturisers can be used throughout the year to help manage your dry, sensitive skin.
- Our light Dermeze Moisturising Lotion is particularly useful in hot and humid summer weather.
- Dermeze Moisturising Cream may be suitable for daytime use in winter or drier conditions. At night, or on drier areas of skin, try Dermeze Treatment.
- For extra cooling action try storing Dermeze ointment in the fridge.
Moisturisers to match your dry, sensitive skin
Take the MoistureMatch test and find the right Dermeze moisturiser for your skin.
Where can I find the Dermeze product range?
Use the search box below to find the closest store to buy Dermeze.